Tuesday 27 March 2007

Poetry Thursday - More image inspiration















(Adonis and Aphrodite by Jits Bakker)

I've 'known' Jits Bakker his art for some time now and I never seem to be able to get enough of looking at it. This particular piece is one of my personal favorites. It seems complex and yet ... it makes absolute sense.

Below is the poem with which I respond to this weeks PT idea "more image inspiration". Happy PT everyone.



I have found myself in you
wrapped around and bundled in

I'm uncovered

in want
of discovery

for where do you
or I
begin

inside out we fold

and I am weak

in strength and certainty

that I will lose myself

where you are found

wrapped around

inside of me



5 comments:

Norma said...

Very nice execution of the assignment. Beautiful sculpture--I can see why you've enjoyed it.

My PT is up. I've got 10 blogs, so hope you find the right one!

Kimberley McGill said...

"that I will lose myself
where you are found" - These lines are my favorite, the whole poem speaks well to the art piece. Good work!

Drizel said...

wowi....so nice.....feel like I am there....:)

Crafty Green Poet said...

Your poem fits the sculpture so well....

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

These words are wonderful:

"that I will lose myself
where you are found."