Thursday 22 March 2007

Poetry Thursday - Image inspiration

(Sculpture of Cupid reviving Psyche with a kiss by Antonio Canova)

This week I think I cheated a bit (just a teensy bit). The moment I read the completely and totally optional idea – image inspiration, I saw a picture in my head I wanted to write down.
The picture of this wonderful sculpture I found afterwards, so it doesn't really belong to the poem but it does kinda fit.


your hands
feel restless
upon my hips

my fingers
slowly draw
the outline
of your trembling lips

cool velvet skin
in an eloquently fiery embrace

no one can call us
passive

caught forever
in amaranthines timeless gaze



8 comments:

Beaman said...

It is indeed a beautiful sculpture.
I like the rhyme you have created in this piece. Simple, not too much but just right. Nice ending.

Clockworkchris said...

I have to agree with Beaman. The picture is wonderful with the words and the rhyme immediatly grabbed my attention. I like "trembling lips" and "cool velvet skin." Wonderful poem.

Drizel said...

wowi....it is intriguing and so soft and passionate:)

writerwoman said...

Lovely! I like the line

no one can call us passive.

I wish I could say that about myself.

T.M.K. said...

the poem resonates a certain satin/velvety feel. lovely.

Anonymous said...

I wish I weren't so passive sometimes. To feel more. :)

Great poem and picture.

Anonymous said...

This reminded me so much of Keats, but without the lament encapsulated in his words.

Here, your craft a distinct vision, perhaps timeless even, of figures forever untouched by the fickle fortune of time.

It makes me envious.

Lovely word.

gautami tripathy said...

"caught forever
in amaranthines timeless gaze"

Beautiful lines. Enchanting sculpture.

gautami
Soul