Wednesday 27 May 2009

Exposed

guess what I have done
I wrote you a song
It's Only Called Paranoia If You Can't Prove It

and I'm writing this now
so there's no doubt
although I already know
you'll be moved by it

it started with a quote
which had to be skipped
for giving away
what's not ready to show

followed by a pun
one you couldn't miss
(got dismissed)
not what was planned
from the get go

then the chorus:
highlighted its way
and away it went
pieces of that puzzle
down the drain: overexposured vent


instrumental bridge:
Hmm hmm hmm
sax and strings in a certain light
seemed like a
non intentional suggestive invite
Oops,
out with that unfortunate slide


so,
you know...

I wrote you a song
4 min 12 of silent bliss
called paranoia if you can't prove it

what became
must be what it is

and away it went
pieces of that puzzle
....




.

No comments: