Saturday 18 April 2009

Reversed retrospect

I watched this coming and going
of innuendo's
and kept my eyes at bay
..by close inspection:
a preliminary justice of the mind
before we fail to rise

Or is it I
who falls?
My thoughts that tumble
An interpretation
of MY fault
before I stumble
over threshold heights

- straight into harms way
where truth is never the same
Dear old friend
I know your image well
and that's not what's in a name

These threads
have been mistaken before
and by now play their part
Oscar-worthy well
Surprise and recognition:
Coincidence, no admission
There's a difference
I dare you to taste and tell

But still, here I am coming around
slowly adjusting the blinders routine
Hesitantly following footprints
through smoke and mirrors
if you really want to know what I am seeing

Lift this shield against danger
One I understand
but have never been ...
able to be anything
..but observant
outspoken from within


.

No comments: