Monday 11 August 2008

Definitely indefinite

Still frozen in time
this bookmark postcard tattooed on my mind
Slivers of thought I'll always see
So much for fleeting imprint
that never gets away from me

I still read it very clearly

Who will remember
or really know
the man, squared by disbelievers
preaching redemption with show

Does fire always burn
and where is truth in gloomy clarity
Now we know that given time we learn
that contradiction is polarity

How have we been
since that defining connection
where over and ahead observing eyes met
Thoughts recorded,
instantly react
All very clearly
heading in an altered direction

Looking back that must've been
when we passed the point of no return
which marked the settling symbiosis
of dual counteraction

and probably made this into the analogy
of our chosen affection


.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From your title (I love plays on words) to the story your poem tells, this one reached me down deep through times of my life

I like many parts of your poem. Some examples are "this bookmark postcard tattooed on my mind/
contradiction is polarity
settling symbiosis

Anonymous said...

I love reading your work. Interesting, but not surprising, that I was drawn back to a poem I'd read before.