Monday 7 January 2008

A to B – you and me

if I could travel in a straight line
from A to B
I'd always be ahead of myself
oblivious of where I could've been
the entire map of possibilities
from left to right
and all the memories that lie in between
lost for me forever

we would not have met
'cause you live from my right to left
at the place where I could stop to drink
thinking of the road ahead
and maybe view a map
and then we'd start to talk
... but instead ...

if I could travel in a straight line
from A to B
I’d always be ahead of you, and me
oblivious of what could have been
no mistaken directions
or falling for distractions
and regret where I lingered in between
think of all the things I saw
and never would have seen

but we still
have never met
'cause as it turns out,
you live from my right to left
in a world where I can't stop to think
and I'm always dying for a drink
we have never gotten to talk
'cause as soon as I start to walk
you're already too far ahead

... why can't we turn it around instead



No comments: