Wednesday 21 February 2007

Poetry Thursday - the body knows




Two week ago I 'discovered' Poetry Thursday; a wonderful project to share poetry and inspire poetry writers. This weeks poetry prompt is the phrase 'the body knows'. Below you'll find my trial poem. Hope you like it.


our mind knows
visions are misleading
when we sit up straight
to stretch-out
seemingly significant worries

the heart ploughs
a muscle, busy exploring
the limits of a smile
'cause the body loathes
being submitted to our stories

(and yet, we're still running
the entire sleight mile)

5 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

But we have body understand what is good for it.

gautami
In-between state of consciousness

Anonymous said...

Welcome to PT and yes you did right.

Our minds and bodies seem to always be in conflict.

Anonymous said...

I like your trial poem. The line, "exploring the limits of a smile", when that smile holds back a scream.

Rose

xo

wrchili said...

Great trial poem! Welcome to poetry thursday! This is only my second week too. I think it's great fun.

Crafty Green Poet said...

I enjoyed reading this, visions are misleading, you're so right.